Living in Narnia

Monday, August 04, 2003

I just watched Forrest Gump, and boy I believe it is the best show I have ever seen in my life. I don't know if you have seen it before, but I greatly urge you to see it if you have not. It is the closest show to life that I have ever seen, so much closer than all the trash that is polluting our screens nowadays.

There was one verse that came to my mind after seeing the show-

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things that are mighty..."

How long are we going to deceive ourselves any further? We chase after the things of this world- money, honour, glory, fame, popularity, happiness, thinking that these things are what life is about. We take so much pride in our society and in our race, and how "far" we have come. And yet we fail to realise the more we chase after these things, the more we have nothing.

If you have seen the show, perhaps you will know what I mean. Because it shows what really matters in life. Faith, hope, dreams, courage, honesty, simplicity, passion, forgiveness, reconciliation, restoration, innocence, love. And above all, the God who gave us all these things. Would we trade everything we have in this world for one day in Gump's shoes? To know what it is really like to love, dream and believe? I would. And perhaps we would come away from that day a bit wiser, just a little bit wiser, about how to live life.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor. 13:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home