Living in Narnia

Thursday, July 17, 2003

My friend asked me, if we don't know when Jesus is coming again, then how are we going to be prepared? Well, it is precisely because we don't know when He is coming again, that we must always be prepared! Imagine what would happen if we knew when He was coming. The world would kick up a big fuss, the media would go crazy, but worst of all, people would probably postpone all personal, spiritual preparation for His coming until near the date. "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night..." 2 Pet. 3:10, so that when He comes again, He can see who are those who have earnestly been waiting for His coming and lived every day of their lives in dedication to Him.

I know this question has been quite commonly asked, but it would be good to ask ourselves constantly, "What if Jesus were to come right now? What would He find my life to be? A neat room completely in order, ready for Him to enter; or a messy, overturned room with everything out of place?" Are we still clinging on to things that we should be letting go? If Jesus were to say to us now, "Follow me", would we be ready to cast aside our fishing nets and go? Let's bear this in mind, so that when Jesus comes calling, which He definitely will, we will not be caught like the man who said, "Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father." Matt. 8:21. We will say emphatically, like Isaiah, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home