Living in Narnia

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Sometimes when I'm feeling loneliest at night I'll look up to the heavens, and I will see one solitary star shining. No matter how cloudy it may be, I will see that one star. And God gently whispers to me, "Winston, I'm like that star that you see. No matter how cloudy your life may be, I will always shine through, and you will never be alone." And soon after that I will see another star, near to the first. Does that second star represent me? I believe so, especially when God whispers, "Rejoice! I'm close to you; you're not far away at all."

Isn't God like that star? No matter how clouded our lives may be, He shines through. And the darker our lives get, the brighter His love shines. Isn't that wonderful? It made me want to sing, and sing I did; sadly my songwriting skills are not there yet, otherwise I would have written one by now. "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." 1 Pet. 2:9. Jesus, the light of the world, the light of our lives. Compared to Him all other lights pale in comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home