Living in Narnia

Monday, July 14, 2003

One thing God has taught me is that He places us where we are for a reason. There is always some purpose that God is seeking to achieve in us in whatever cirumstance we are in. When I decided to study at NUS I was dismayed to find out that I could not disrupt at the end of Service Term 1, and that I had to stay for two more weeks and endure another field camp (You know how much I hate field camps). But God whispered at the back of my mind that He was making me stay for a reason; that there was some work left to be done. And that work materialized. Thank God and Him alone, He opened the door for me to share the Gospel with a friend and answer questions that he had about the faith. He has at this point said the sinner's prayer in his heart. Praise the Lord! He also gave me the opportunity, before I left, to minister to a fellow brother in Christ who was struggling in his faith and had many problems.

After I disrupted, I was again dismayed to discover that I had to attend the PSC Pre-Departure Course because I am a potential scholar. It seemed as though I would never get any sort of freedom, but again God whispered that there was a purpose behind it all. And thank God, yes. That fellow brother in Christ was also attending the course, and I had even more opportunities to minister to him and encourage Him. A week ago he told me that he had experienced a revelation of God- God had, while he was sitting in the bus reading a Christian article, suddenly filled him with a sense of peace of surrender that he had never experienced before, but had always been seeking. Praise the Lord, Hallelujah.

God places us where we are for a reason. And He will never move us on to another place until all His work and purposes have been accomplished, whether in us, or through us. So wherever we are, let us consciously seek His will and His plans. And this holds true not just for uneventful times, but for all times.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time." Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home