Living in Narnia

Sunday, December 28, 2003

I sometimes wonder why life gets so difficult at times. We face struggles both external, and internal. And perhaps the internal ones, the ones that reach down deep into our very being, are the worst. Life east of Eden, in this fallen world shot through with sin, is not easy.

But I thank our Lord Jesus for His blessed assurances in John 16 and 17... I highly recommend that you read it for yourself, to hear our Lord Jesus Himself praying for us is a mighty awesome thing.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33.

"I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours,
And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.
Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You, Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given me, that they may be one as We are...
I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one...
I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." John 17: 9-11, 14-15, 20-21

Whatever we may face, let's stand firm in Him- our sovereign, all-powerful, loving, gracious God. Don't lose heart; our Lord Jesus Himself has prayed for You, and He is always with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home