Living in Narnia

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Sometimes I wonder why I write. Sometimes I see it as an obligation, a duty, a responsibility to fulfill. And sometimes it just feels good to write things that people can appreciate and enjoy- pride I guess. But at the end of the day I realize that I write out of what is within me- not anything that I myself have made of course, but what God has placed within me. I write out of what I know of Him in this precious relationship that I have with Him, I write out of what He has taught me in this long arduous journey of life, I write about what He has taught me in the countless mistakes I have made. Whatever the motives, that is the source. He is the source. And when the river is cut off from the source, then the river dries up.

So if you will appreciate and enjoy my articles, do not marvel at my writing or anything about me. Do not appreciate or praise me or my writing or words. Because there is nothing to marvel about. Rather appreciate the God that is behind all this. Appreciate how great He is, and the truths that have prompted me to write. Appreciate the God in whose hands I am a mere pen, a mere pencil, without whom I would have withered away long ago. And if you will believe anything, do not believe me. Believe in the God from whom faith flows. Believe the One from whom all good promises come. And find your own faith in Him.

"There's a loyalty that's deeper than mere sentiment
And a music higher than the songs that I can sing." -Rich Mullins

1 Comments:

  • Praise God :D
    You write because it's an expression of your love to Him. It's your way of showing others how God has impacted your life and how he has shaped your thoughts. You want to share this same God who has so wonderfully touched you with those around you, that they too can see how real He is :)

    By Blogger Wonder84, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home